Friday, May 28, 2010

It's Been Some Time

This has been an interesting year. If I had not moved from California, I wouldn't be in the great city that is San Angelo (this sentence is seething with sarcasm, for those of you who don't know me).

There are positives to look at, however. The first of those being getting back into school for my second degree. I've also discovered what I want to do with my life, and am on track to fulfilling it. Finally, I decided this past winter that I want to learn about who I am.

I've stepped out of the closet and am securely standing in the parlor with a beautiful boyfriend. I don't know if this is the real me, but it's a me that I've chosen, and I think that's good enough for now.

Yes, I'm scared. I'm scared shitless, actually. I don't know what to do with myself, but I think that's what it's all about, isn't it? I'm pretty confident I'd be equally scared in a straight relationship. They're both new. New in the way that I haven't been serious about them before...

I think I just wanted to comment on the anxiety I have over the situation. It comes and goes, so it's not serious, I don't believe.

At any rate, here's to life.

2 comments:

Lofn said...

Congratulations! :) And good luck with school.

Carrie L Wells said...

it has been so very long since i've checked in on you, and it seems your life has turned and twisted and doubled back around in this time. congratulations for all you are and all you have yet to become. not so bad for the first go at being alive :)